TRACE is one of the rising singer-songwriters we’ve got our eyes and ears on, and we’re giving you a chance to get to know her a little better!
The LA-based singer-songwriter first broke out on the scene in 2015, and she’s since impressively racked up over 60 million streams with just one EP and a handful of singles. She’s also worked with several big names in the studio, including Bram Inscore (Troye Sivan, Allie X) and Phoebe Ryan.
Her latest single “All My Friends,” was just released on Friday (May 17).
“I wrote this song after the success of my first EP, when I decided that I was going to fullheartedly pursue my career in music. I sort of just packed up my bags and went off to LA It wasn’t an easy transition, but I’ve always felt that TRUE friendships will stay true throughout the shifts that life brings, and this song was a way of me exploring and figuring out who those true friends were,” Trace says.
“However now, a couple years in, ‘All My Friends’ has taken on a different meaning for me: it signifies a reflection on the power of relationships in my life…true intimacy requires trust and commitment and oftentimes I feel like we take one, leave the other, or vice versa. Who really shows up when you need them to? So, with ‘All My Friends,’ I want to ask the listener, WHO ARE YOUR FRIENDS? because I’m learning the answer is a direct mirror of the person we are.”
Listen to “All My Friends” and check out TRACE‘s 10 Fun Facts…
- 1. I watched all 7 seasons of Game of Thrones in two weeks in preparation for the season 8 premiere.
- 2. I lived in Italy for 6 months and taught English to kids.
- 3. My mom is a Vietnamese pop star.
- 4. I’ve never been in love.
- 5. When I’m stressed, I go to the grocery store for like an hour to walk around and unwind.
- 6. I’d love to act one day.
- 7. I do not like rollercoasters. But I do like the churros at amusement parks.
- 8. I’ve grazed Justin Bieber’s left shoulder once.
- 9. I speak Vietnamese.
- 10. The first time I ever performed my first EP was opening for one of my mom’s shows.
Click inside for the rest of the fun facts…