The new Broadway musical Beetlejuice begins preview performances TONIGHT (March 28) and we caught up with the show’s young star Sophia Anne Caruso to learn more about her!
The 17-year-old actress previously made her Broadway debut opposite Jeff Daniels and Michelle Williams in the play Blackbird. She also starred in the off-Broadway musical Lazarus, which featured music by David Bowie.
Now, Sophia Anne is playing the role of Lydia Deetz in Beetlejuice. Get to know her with these 10 Fun Facts:
- 1. Instead of making lemonade stands, I made a singing stand. My cardboard said “will sing for money. I might even shred a tear,” not shed. But shred… it was all my idea.
- 2. My first word was “hi.”
- 3. My mom taught me to walk when I was nine months old by dangling jewelry in front of me and making me chase at it.
- 4. I drew on every single wall in the house as far as I could reach and as I grew it became more and more. My parents encouraged it.
- 5. My favorite TV show growing up was I Dream of Jeannie.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts…
- 6. My dad and I once ate an entire box of Otter Pops.
- 7. I once bungee chorded my sisters car mirror to my dads truck and when she pulled out it ripped it off. It was on her first day in high school.
- 8. The first time I ever attempted makeup I was seven and I used my sister’s entire bottle of foundation.
- 9. When I was eight I spent all of my first paycheck on makeup in an attempt to be more like my sister. My dad found me crying on the stairs with all of it and he just said, “this is buyer’s remorse.” I thought it was a disease. I never forgot it. From then on I have been skeptical of my shopping because I never wanted that feeling again in my life.
- 10. My hair was always styled in pig tails and I didn’t like it so when I was 3 I chopped one off and my mom wouldn’t fix it so I had a weird A symmetrical cut for a loooong time.
- Bonus fact! My first attempt at comedy was an impression of the sham wow sponge guy. It was at my neighborhood policeman Ralph’s house and I think it was the only time I saw him smile.
Beetlejuice is playing now on Broadway!