The exciting news was revealed on Tuesday (February 6) by Disney.
The series will be separate from the main saga that first began with Star Wars: A New Hope in 1977, according to Variety. It’s also different from the Rian Johnson series announced last year.
“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today. Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy.
“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since. We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete,” the two creators said in a statement.
Game Of Thrones comes to an end on HBO in 2019.